PhD Position in Generative Models for Chemical Engineering
- Job Advertisement:
Faculty / Division:
Department of Computer Science
Institute of Theoretical Informatics
Do you have significant experience in machine learning and generative models? Do you want to extend your knowledge to other fields of expertise in an interdisciplinary setting? Would you like to see how your research makes an impact on real-world applications?
Yes? Then apply now for a PhD position in the AIMat research group at KIT!
- You will work on machine learning models to accelerate fluid- and thermodynamic simulations in close cooperation with the Institute of Fluid Mechanics (ISTM)
- You will work on generative models for micro-structured devices for chemical engineering in close co-operation with the Institute of Micro Process Engineering (IMVT)
- You will be able to participate in a Priority Programme funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) and collaborate with research partners at KIT and across Germany
- You will be able to participate in teaching activities on the Bachelor's and Master's level in computer science (German or English)
- You will have the opportunity to present your research on international conferences, as well as DFG meetings and publish in international research journals
What we offer
- Young and ambitious research group with an international team of students and PostDocs
- Highly interdisciplinary work in co-operation with:
- Two other research groups from fluid dynamics and chemical engineering at KIT
- National collaborators within the Priority Programme (SPP) of the DFG “Machine Learning in Chemical Engineering. Knowledge Meets Data: Interpretability, Extrapolation, Reliability, Trust”
- International collaborators for AI and Chemical Engineering
- Exciting research topics, state-of-the-art machine learning methods, applied to highly relevant challenges in chemical engineering
- Support through the Karlsruhe House of Young Scientists (KHYS), including workshops and financial support for stays abroad
- Fully funded PhD position (TV-L E13)
What we are looking for
- Highly motivated young researchers (female/male/diverse)
- Background and experience in computer science, machine learning and generative models
- Interest to learn more about exciting application areas of machine learning in chemical engineering and fluid- as well as thermodynamics
- Creativity, independence, teamwork and communication skills, motivation to make a change and have an impact in research
1st of September 2021
Fully funded (100%) PhD position according to the Collective Agreement for the Public Service of the Federal States (TV-L) according to level E13 with 30 paid vacation days p.a.
Up to 3 years
Contact and information
Please send your application including cover letter, CV, contact information for references or reference letters as well as copies of degrees and certificates to:
T.T.-Prof. Dr. Pascal Friederich, email@example.com
We prefer to balance the number of female and male employees. Therefore, we kindly encourage female applicants to apply for this job.
Recognized severely disabled persons will be preferred if they are equally qualified.